Saturday, May 16, 2009

Reading my own post yesterday made me realize that there is a thin line between being confident and being arrogant. A person who knows me will say that I was being the former, but from a stranger's point of view... I seem arrogant....

Let me go back to what I said... I had said I don't mind staying alone. Or I would rather stay alone than live false relationships... And I had made a random comment about unconditional love... I've realized my thoughts lacked clarity yesterday... Let me make an attempt to say what I really meant...

Coming to the term false relationships... Here I'm refering to relationships which don't grow. Where there is pressure on the relationship, where there are names, where the relationship exists because of certain 'ties' or because of the fact that 'blood is thicker than water' not because of WANTING to be in the relationship...

By staying alone I mean, (I repeat) I CAN stay alone, not that I WANT to! And one more thing that has driven me to say this is that the 'society' says you 'need people'. I just want to rebel (ha ha!) Not for the sake of rebelling, but to prove I'm not an 'abla naari'...

So, what is my idea of a relationship? Do I expect a yes for everything I say?... No! ... Do I expect royal treatment?... Ha ha! Not really!! Then what is a good relationship according to me? Simple, one in which both of us grow... together... One in which the connection will always be there...

Jumping to 'unconditional love' (!!!)... I am yet to understand it fully myself, but this is what I've understood... I cannot stop liking someone even though I have drifted away from that person... I still treasure great memories and know that the core person in her/him has not changed... But if the connection has snapped, I can't be in a relationship with that person. 

Makes sense?... No??? To me it sure does!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment