Saturday, June 12, 2010

10 things my school didn't teach me... Or worse taught me wrong... - originally in para-schizo

1. What was taught: Stand up while you answer in class!
What went wrong: I stood up in a Group Discussion during my campus interview post graduation and the supervisor asked if I needed to go to the rest room(!!!)
What I learnt: a) You don't necessarily mean that you respect the person if you're standing up!
b) You definitely don't NEED to get respect if you're standing!
c) Standing too much will cause pain to you and others around you. Laughing till THEIR sides ache!!

2. What was not taught: Understanding is important, not over mugging
Whaat went wrong: Everything. I need to go back to 17x1=17 to get to 17x9!
What I learnt: Knowing "How do you like to go up in the swing?" that I learnt in third standard doesn't mean I have a great memory. I still don't know the difference between pulmonary vein and aorta!

3. What was taught wrong: The way the human body functions!
What went wrong: May I ask you bio ma'am why the devil were you laughing in class? What's so funny about a life process?
What I learnt: Some of the most natural things in life are self-taught!!

4. What was taught: When teacher says yes, we all say yes...
What went wrong: I didn't know a NOT gate existed, Boolean Algebra!
What I learnt: Hitler died, leaving his followers behind, whom we follow as kids!

5. What was preached: Do you remember the good egg rotten egg sermon??? (Courtesy SVCE)
What went wrong: Nothing. Except that we didn't listen to the sermon
What I learnt: Just exchange the good egg and rotton egg labels (Guys if you're really smart you'd have got this one, girls I know you all did!)

6. What was screamed: DISCIPLINE please!
What went wrong: Attention, stand at ease, quiet please!!!
What I learnt: a) You need to be a soldier to learn discipline
b) I still don't know the spelling of disiplin
c) Do they know the MEANING of discipline?

7. What was told: Pin drop silence
What went wrong: Ok ppl let's pass notes. Class poll!
What I learnt: Want to talk? Who needs phones? Bits of paper are enough! What an idea madamji!

8. What was prescribed: Too many textbooks
What went wrong: Almost everything: print, spelling, information, dates...
What I learnt: Prescribe real books instead. Encyclopedia. Or simply say GOOGLE. At least we would know Mr. galileo didn't invent the telescope!!

9. What was given: HOMEWORK
What went wrong: Copying from text book to notebook is as bad as cheating in examinations!
What I learnt: DITTO!!!!

10. What was given: HOLIDAY HOMEWORK
What went wrong: That's a crime!! Save us!! Conserve our happiness, it's more scarce than petrol!
What I learnt: All children and sane adults will like my post and me! Others need to learn Boolean Algebra....

No comments:

Post a Comment