Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shift delete: Originally in para-schizo

This is the umpteenth time I have shift deleted the whole article. I have tried writing about everything. And in the end highlighted the whole thing and pressed "delete" So I decided why not write about it!

My previous blog I had written without using delete or backspace even once, but this one I have started because a few friends (among my few fans!!!) said I had the potential to be a blogger! Ha now the pressure has got into me.

It's not like I want to impress anyone. No. I still only want to express, but those words of praise for my articles which were just my musings on various things has made the back of my mind start talking to me. Oh how I wish it would shut up!

"What you wrote is dumb!" "You think ppl will like this??" "You're going to get brickbats for this one" "You think you're funny???"

Well, initially I thought of keeping up my original promise of not pressing backspace or delete keys! But the words "You really write well... You make so much sense" kept popping up out of nowhere! But also thoughts crept to my mind.. Isn't what we think half the time there because we put it there? I mean, before this compliment I used to only think of 'express' never 'impress' but now though I want to shift delete the 'impress' I simply can't...

I can't help but wonder... Does praise spoil our creativity? Does fame spoil originality? I mean would Harry Potter 7 have been the same if not for the tremendous popularity of the first book?

I do not know the answer to my questions.. At all. I mean it's all paradoxical.. Which fool would say s/he doesn't like being praised or famous? Who doesn't like being complimented?? We all do.. But at the question of creativity and originality?? I don't know...

That's when I wish I could shift-delete could compliment the effect of compliments...

No comments:

Post a Comment