Sunday, June 27, 2010

Plants need nurturing to grow, just like relationships...

For once I am not going to question, because this is something I have observed. And I have experienced it myself. I have also heard people say, "Those two look so good together", if it is a couple. Or "what a close knit family" or "Look at those friends, they are so close..." But do people realize, great relationships don't happen, but one needs to work towards it??

Yes, maybe I am repeating myself, but the other day I had spoken about working towards what one wanted in general. Today it is about relationships.

When we start a relationship, that is the initial stage of getting to know a person, it is analogous to sowing a seed. This becomes the first and the most important step. But many a time, I have noticed that after this stage, the seed is just left alone. Yes, maybe the rain and other external stimuli will make it grow, but will the plant be green? Will she flower and bloom? Nope, there will just be a wilted plant which will be cared for once in a while...

Bringing this philosophy to relationships, if you read all these magazines which according to me mislead people about 'love' and blah, they talk about the initial excitement of relationships which die down after a while. 'Relationship experts' often talk about rekindling the interest in a relationship. Well, I never narrow down only to male female type of relationship, even friends drift away for various reasons. Anyway, not digressing too much my point is, from the very beginning if we take pains and care to have an insight into the people close to us, taking care of small things, will there ever be a necessity to rediscover a relationship? Small things like connecting with those we care every time we can helps so much. A small action speaks so much more than just words which may have no value unless they are meant from the heart. Time, care, thoughtfulness, taking that extra step to bring a smile a loved one's face is so much more important than sweet talk or gifts.

One most important thing in my opinion about relationships is the fact that we need to value people who are there in our lives. This value adds so much more happiness quotient and vibrancy to the relationship and THAT's what makes people glow. That's what makes people say "Wow, how lucky you are to have her/him in your life" I just want to say "it's not luck my dear, they worked towards it, and it shows..."

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post. But pain and effort results in resistance.Pain only comes when there is resisitance against a goal. So our expetation level increases once we reach resisted goal In turn we expect the person to do something or atleast maintain intensity of relationship. Eventually relationship breaks down because he or she has not met the needs of yours. Conflict.I think relationship should be effortless.In that relationship there can only love for each other.It sounds idealistic but thats only way to go.

    ReplyDelete