Saturday, June 12, 2010

Picture perfect??? - Originally in para-schizo

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most hideous of them all?" "Me me me!" Nope this is not a 'self derogatory' statement. Not at all. You'd be saying the same if you saw a photograph and went "This person looks familiar, hasn't her face bloated up???" and realize it is actually you!

Ok, maybe I am not photogenic, but I definitely do not have hideously inflated arms! Nor do I have vampire eyes (red as... oops! read as blood red...) Nor do I... forget it! Let me focus on the positive aspect of this.. Few years down the line if I want to model a scare crow I could use this photo (!!!)

Before people think I am paranoid let me justify and tell you that I am actually being vain! I am a good photographer (People say so! Hey I already accepted I was being vain!) According to me there is just one more person who I know who is a better photograper... (Vanity meter on the rise!) And ppl like it when I photograph them (Vanity meter alarm!!).

Though I don't know much about the techniques of photography, I know for sure the angle matters, so does the ease of the person being photographed. A person at ease always looks better than a person trying to pose. It's just plain logic...

I accept I don't know who took 'this' photo of mine, some ''professional'' (!!!) And glad I don't know him (!!!) Anyway, my point is, ppl who have taken photos of me are always asking me to smile looking at the camera and I am like "I can't smile at the camera. It is not my friend!" Ok how difficult is it to smile, you may ask, for which I have no answer!! I simply say keep it natural, click when you know s/he is ready, not when s/he thinks s/he is!

Truth however is, I am terrible at taking self photos. Errr what do you call a photo that has only half your face?? Surely at least then ppl can't say "You look as you are!!" My point is if your photo is bad, blame the photographer, not yourself...

I wonder what would happen if someone sang to my photo "zara tasveer se tu nikal ke saamne aa!" hehehhehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment