Saturday, June 12, 2010

Stress on stress - originally in para-schizo

Stress - The simple reason why I haven't been blogging. Yeah I know, great excuse. But I just realized how unnecessary this whole stress is..

My stress is to do with work. So I was like, who doesn't get stressed at work?? So I thought it was normal. But hey no that's simply not true. Stress is bad for us, that's it. Without preaching let me explain. What is stress? Stress is pressure that we decide to take on ourselves, a choice made by us. I mean, if I choose not to get stressed, I won't right?

But is it that simple?? Unfortunately not. Some things , especially challenges shot at me affect me. Anybody telling me "you can't do it" I just have to, and since my boss knows that's my weakness...

Anyway I have thought about the whole thing calmly. Stress is simply not good. Challenges have to be accepted but not at my or anybody's cost. That's stupidity. In the past few days my temper has risen so many times for small things. will I be able to undo all of that? Will my scowl solve matters? My pressurizing people because of getting pressurized in turn won't do me or anyone any good right?

At the same time, it is inevitable. But when I see chain smokers and addicts (to various stimulants) I feel, at least I'm not her/him!! But still it is inevitable. Boss's words, clients getting upset, team mates not cooperating all can get on one's nerves. And it will continue to do so! But the only point is not to bring it home.

Trust me to give an excuse for 4 paragraphs saying the same thing over and over. Ok, truth is I am trying to deal with work pressure myself (I hate the word stress!) so can't give gyan about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment