Saturday, June 12, 2010

Who is disabled? - originally in para-schizo

As children all of us are innocent, ignorant about a lot of things... our minds are simple and there is no prejudice... Then one day.. All of us grow up. Gone are the days of innocence and forgiveness. We start getting increasingly bitter, we read between the lines, we think of revenge and ego powers us...

Petey, my favourite book till date, is about a boy with cerebral palsy. He can't talk properly, but his healing touch and smile lightened up many lives. He could never understand sarcasm or bitterness. For him his life was about spreading joy...

What made Rizwan in My name is Khan click? His disability, more so the fact that Rizwan was genuine. He was as innocent as an infant and ignorant of sarcasm! For him it was WYSIWYG! He will do anything for the people he loves. Even if it may sound stupid to others, even if it could be dangerous...

Where is our genuinity? Why are we so prejudiced? Why is it difficult for us to forgive? Why can't we be happy with simple things in life? Why do we put ego first? I think the answer to all questions comes from the fact that we think so much. Even as I write this I am thinking, can I even relate to what I am saying? I mean it was beautiful to read the book and watch the movie, but can I EVER associate myself with them?

Now who's normal? They or us??

1 comment:

  1. The words are well choosen in this blog.I love the word innocence. Its the only innocent mind can learn things. Its the only mind can be creative all the time and seek the truth.

    ReplyDelete